Be That Friend
Be That Friend is a student-led positive social norms campaign that encourages and empowers students to provide support for and recommend resources to peers who may have experienced gender-based violence. The year-long campaign involves mass materials distribution, social media messaging, peer-to-peer conversations, interdepartmental events, skill-building workshops, and student surveys.
Register for our Be That Friend Workshop!
Students who experience sexual violence are most likely to turn to a friend for help. This workshop will teach participants how to Be That Friend who...
- Provides trauma-informed support,
- Speaks out to prevent violence, and
- Knows campus and community resources
One participant will walk away with a SURPRISE GIFT!
This workshop will be held on Thursday, October 13 from 12-1:30pm in Union 3203.
Tell Us What You Think!
We want to hear your thoughts about sexual violence at UNC.
- Does the administration respond to the needs of students?
- Are UNC students well-informed about sexual violence?
- Where do UNC students go for help when they've been harmed?
- Would you feel comfortable supporting a friend who has been harmed or harassed?
Fill out the survey before November 1st for a chance to win a SURPRISE GIFT for you and your friends!