HAVEN (Helping Advocates for Ending Violence Now) is a collaboration between VPAS and the Equal Opportunity and Compliance office. It provides participants with tools to be an ally to someone who has experienced sexual assault, interpersonal violence, and/or stalking. The three-hour training emphasizes the importance of listening, responding compassionately, and connecting survivors to resources on campus and in the community. HAVEN trainings are available for undergraduate students, graduate students, staff, and faculty.
After successfully completing the HAVEN training, participants will receive a placard or sticker that can be displayed on their office door, residence hall room door, or laptop. This visibility of trained community members helps send a message to the campus that our community cares!
Spring 2023 All-Call Training Dates
- Student: Tuesday, January 17 from 5-8pm
- Staff/Faculty: Thursday, January 19 from 2-5pm (Union 3206 A/B)
- Staff/Faculty: Tuesday, February 14 from 11am-2pm (location TBA)
- Student: Wednesday, February 22 from 5-8pm (Graham Memorial 039)
- Staff/Faculty: Thursday, March 16 from 11am-2pm (Union 3206 A/B)
- Student: Tuesday, March 28 from 5-8pm (location TBA)
- Staff/Faculty: Wednesday, April 12 from 10am-1pm (EOC Office at 214 W. Cameron Ave)
For questions about HAVEN or to schedule a training for your department or organization, please email email@example.com.